The Complete Guide to Tofu Cat Litter
Nowadays, more and more people have cats, and cats have become an important part of the family. It is important to keep the home tidy while giving the cat a good living environment, so cat litter has become essential for cat-owning families.
Cat litter is an object for cats to bury feces and urine, has good water absorption, and is usually used together with a litter box (or cat litter box). Pour an appropriate amount of cat litter into the litter box. When the trained cat needs to defecate, it will go into the litter box to poop or urinate.
Some of the more common types of cat litter are available in the cat litter market. Below:
- Bentonite cat litter
- Tofu cat litter
- Tofu & Bentonite Mixed Cat Litter
- Silica cat litter
- Pine pellet cat litter
- Paper pellet cat litter
- Walnut cat litter
- and so on
There are many different cat litter products, so let’s discuss tofu cat litter today.
If you want to learn about other different types of cat litter, you can read our related article 9 Different Types of Cat Litter.
Table of Contents
What Is Tofu Cat Litter?
Okara tofu cat litter is 100% food-grade soy pulp cat litter. It’s made of mainly soy pulp, corn starch, and plant fiber as the main raw material, supplemented by a small amount of natural binder granulation made.
Soy fiber, which is soy pulp, is also considered a by-product of food production.
Starch is even more needless to say.
Guar gum, a plant gum extracted from the legume guar bean, is widely used in medicine, food, paper, and other aspects, we often eat ice cream and another useful inside.
Therefore, the raw materials, are natural plant products, green and safe.
We are a professional manufacturer of tofu cat litter in China. Our tofu cat litter is sold to many countries and also received more and more loyal customers. We do OEM/ODM for wholesalers and importers. If you need tofu cat litter, please Contact Us.
Tofu litter is shaped like a long, thin cylinder. It is also available in the form of crushed sand. Tofu litter has better performance. It can quickly clump and has good water absorption. It can effectively collect the kitten’s excrement together.
Since it is relatively easy to collect, the feeder can easily find the excrement and clean them out. Tofu cat litter can effectively reduce the possibility of kittens taking the litter outside the litter box. Even if it is brought out, it is relatively small and does not break easily. It is easier for the feeder to clean up. For tofu cat litter, use a single-layer litter box to maintain a thickness of 5-7cm.
The odor of kitten excrement is relatively strong. But tofu cat litter has good odor absorption and can reduce the odor of excrement. It can reduce the emission of excrement odor and is conducive to the maintenance of environmental hygiene.
Since the tofu cat litter ingredients are 100% natural (no worries if ingested) , it is safe.
Some kittens may have problems with accidental ingestion of cat litter when using cat litter for the oh first time. When using tofu litter, there is no need to worry too much about accidental ingestion. The tofu cat litter ingredients do not pose a threat to the health of kittens.
The intestines of kittens are generally fragile, and tofu cat litter is a good choice.
Tofu cat litter is less dusty and safer for the cat’s respiratory system. Because cats will pick up the litter after excretion, if the litter is dusty then the dust will also be inhaled by the cat’s respiratory system. Likewise, the owner may inhale some of the dust when handling the litter. Therefore, in addition to the safety of the raw material, the amount of dust is also a very important indicator of cat litter.
Tofu Cat Litter Pros and Cons
Let’s go over some of the advantages of using tofu litter:
- Tofu cat litter is made from soybean residue that is water-soluble and can be incinerated or buried to decompose. Therefore, the entire process from production to disposal is less of a burden on the environment.
- Because of its natural ingredients, you don’t have to worry too much if children or cats accidentally eat it. If your children or pets (not only cats but also dogs) are eating tofu litter, consider changing the litter flavor or changing the litter box so that they don’t eat it so easily.
- No Dust
- Tofu litter is less dusty than other types of litter, making it a better choice for your cat’s respiratory tract. (Dust levels may vary from manufacturer to manufacturer)
- Strong Water Absorption
- 400% absorption ability than common cat litter. It is a cleaner and better type of litter overall.
- Higher Clumping capabilities
- Great clumping effect and good absorption, it absorbs a cat’s urine in a few seconds and then clumps. Easy for cat owners to scoop out the clumped litter.
- Good Deodorization
- With great odor control, tofu cat litter quickly absorbs odor in 1.5 seconds, and this leaves no time for an odor to be generated. The deodorizing effect is much better than many other cat litter options.
- Because of its water-soluble nature, the litter will dissolve and clump quickly when it encounters a small amount of water (such as cat urine) and will dissolve when it encounters a large amount of water (such as in the toilet), so it can be flushed directly. So it’s perfect for cat owners who want convenience!
- Light Weight
- Because the material is soybean residue, it is lighter than bentonite litter when transporting or cleaning the litter. It is easier for cat owners to use than bentonite litter.
It also has some disadvantages:
- More Expensive
- Tofu litter is a medium to the high-priced type of cat litter, and although it has many advantages and convenience, it is also more expensive to purchase than bentonite litter.
- Inadvertent Ingestion
- Tofu litter is made from soybean residue, and the faint smell of soybeans may be mistaken for food by other children in the home (both small and large) and eaten. Eating a little tofu cat litter won’t cause much serious impact. Cat eating tofu litter too.
- Easily Exposed to Moisture
- If the cat litter is placed in a humid environment (such as a toilet), it may clump together due to moisture.
- Risk of Pest Infestation
- This is also a concern for many cat owners. Because tofu litter is made of soybean residue, it may attract small bugs. However, from our experience, as long as the litter box is cleaned regularly and the cats’ urine and stool are dug up regularly, there is basically no risk of worms or odor.
How to Choose Tofu Cat Litter?
If you want to buy tofu cat litter, you can check the following indicators:
- Clumping ability
- Water absorption
- Deodorization control
Many brands of cat litter are available in small packages. Pick a few brands of litter and try them out on your cat one by one. See which one it likes and then settle on one.
The selection is not blindly chosen, need to pay attention to a few points.
First of all, choose a cat litter with a strong clumping ability and is easy to scoop out, this kind of litter is easy to clean and can absorb odor.
Secondly, cats prefer litter with no smell, so try not to use those with a strong scent. But the owner is often more like the cat litter with fragrance. So sometimes the cat’s feelings are not considered when choosing, so the cat does not like to use the cat litter bought back. It is important to remember that cat litter is for cats. The litter that they like is the right one.
If your cat does not like the litter we have chosen for it, it will usually do the following: scratch the litter tray, stand outside the litter tray or jump out quickly after entering, or poop directly next to the litter tray. Therefore, when you find your cat in these situations, please change to another brand of cat litter and do not change to another brand easily.
How to Use Tofu Cat Litter?
The use of tofu cat litter is very easy:
- Use a single-layer litter box. Spread a layer of cat litter about 8-10cm thick in a clean litter box.
- After the cat excretes, urine will make the cat litter infiltrate clump into clumps. Absorbed saturated cat litter should be removed from the box with a spoon in a timely manner. Poo will generally only adhere to a small amount of tofu cat litter due to the low moisture. Due to the odor-absorbing characteristics of tofu litter, the smell of the poo buried in the litter is minimal, so it can be shoveled out regularly.
- Since tofu cat litter will melt away when it encounters a large amount of water, it can be flushed directly into the toilet and will not clog the toilet. And it will not have any effect on the sewer system.
- Place the litter box or cat litter in a clean, moisture-free place to prolong its life.
- If there are many cats, you can shorten the cycle of litter replacement proportionally. Instead of putting more litter in the litter box. Suggested usage for a 3.6L bag of cat litter: one month for one cat, about 15 days for two cats, and about 10 days for three cats.
Tofu Cat Litter FAQs
What Is Tofu Cat Litter Made Of?
Tofu Cat Litter is made of food-grade soybean and includes corn starch, etc. Its main raw material is soy fiber, which has a faint soy flavor and is milky white. Tofu cat litter is 100% natural and eco-friendly, non-toxic to pets, and will not affect people or cats if they eat it. It is one of the most durable, easy-to-clean, and odor-absorbing cat litters available. It is a biodegradable, natural option that can be flushed down the toilet.
Is Tofu Litter Safe for Cats?
Yes, it’s chemical-free and safe for cats to use. Unlike Clay or Silica litters, Tofu cat litter is made from 100% nature bean dregs (the by-products of tofu). If your cat accidentally ingests it, it is also biodegradable and eco-friendly, and completely safe to flush.
How to Make Tofu Cat Litter?
1. Mixing raw material
2. Compressing columnar sand
3. Cutting tofu cat litter particles to be a suitable size
4. Microwave drying
5. Cooling & Screening
Does Tofu Cat Litter Clump?
Tofu cat litter has a great clumping effect and good absorption. It absorbs the cat’s urine in a few seconds and then clumps, which makes it really easy to scoop.
Does Tofu Cat Litter Smell?
The scent is naturally fresh so that you and your cat can breathe comfortably. It is best to put the cat litter box on the balcony or bathroom. These two places, ventilated better, and close relatively independently, won’t affect the environment of the whole bedroom. Clean up and add new litter in time.
How Long Does Tofu Cat Litter Last?
Tofu cat litter is great at absorbing urine, and one 6L bag of tofu cat litter can last for up to a month if kept clean on a daily basis.
How Often to Change Tofu Cat Litter?
Recommended to maintain at least two inches of litter at all times. Empty the entire cat litter tray for fresh cat litter once every two weeks. At the same time, keep your cat’s stomach in good condition.
Is Tofu Cat Litter Flushable?
Tofu cat litter can dissolve in water quickly, so it is very convenient to clean it. The urine and feces can be washed into the toilet directly, without throwing them into the garbage can and taking out the garbage every day.